Friday, March 13, 2009

Must Read

So my blog totally sucks. The one good thing is that I actually have been writing. Believe it or not! I ended up after much outlining, note-taking, and um... thinking, deciding to scrap the original idea I had for a novel (although I will still write it at some point I'm sure, it just wasn't exciting me like it should). I did however get hit with an idea that I'm REALLY excited about. It's one of those stories where the first line just hits you and all of a sudden this person is talking to you and telling you their story and I can barely type fast enough to keep up and write it all down. So, yay! It's funny, but once I decided to stop thinking about what might actually sell and instead work on an idea I love - which is how I always go about writing screenplays - I come up with something so much better, and something that excites me. It will of course, probably never sell. But at least I will write it and know that I can write a book, and hopefully become a better writer for it.

In the meantime I'm going to try next month's Script Frenzy by the people who do NaNoWriMo and see if I can get a finished version of the film I want to shoot this summer.

Anyway, the whole point of this post was to share one of the best books I have read in a long time. You MUST READ The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan. I was up until 5am today reading this book because I just couldn't put it down. It is a literal page-turner. The action never lets up. There's no place to stop even if you wanted to, which you won't. It's rare that a book will make me tear up, or get as emotionally upset as a character but this book really touched me. It's Carrie Ryan's first book and I am really looking forward to her next one! Go read it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment